Arboricultural Consultant - London or Lewes
Looking for an opportunity to advance your career in consultancy within a supportive environment?
Arbeco Ltd. is a young and expanding company that is moving into the next stage of its development. Established in 2014, we recently joined forces with The Ecology Consultancy (‘TEC’) one of the UK’s largest dedicated ecological consultancies. Along with its sister company, the environment and planning consultancy Temple Group, it forms part of (and is wholly owned by) Temple Group Management Limited.
With a current complement of eight full time operational and technical staff including tree surgeons and consultants and two part time directors, whom also sit on the TEC board, our team are based both in our Sussex headquarters and in central London, both offices shared jointly with TEC. Our Sussex team deliver our core offering of practical tree and habitat management services and consultancy for trees in relation to construction.
The company is defined by our unique culture – one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment. Joining Arbeco is a chance to be part of a close-knit, fun and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Arboricultural Consultant to assist with and carry out Arboricultural surveys and reports. The post will be based in either our London or Lewes offices and will require travel between them. The project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
The Arboriculturalist will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including
- Undertaking BS 5837 and Tree Condition surveys and reports;
- Fee quote preparation and management of cost control;
- Participate in marketing and developing the Arboricultural services offered to new and existing clients;
- Other projects as required including bat surveys, collection of data, and reporting; and
- Providing support to The Ecology Consultancy management team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification i.e. HNC Arb, AA Tech Cert, NDip Arb.
- Have minimum 2 years undertaking tree surveys to BS 5837:2012 standards;
- Be confident in planning and managing your own portfolio of work;
- Have experience delivering comprehensive Arboricultural reports within tight timeframes to meet the client’s requirements;
- Have trong IT skills including MS Office, General database systems and GIS data collection;
- Have a full clean UK driving licence;
- Have good data & report writing skills.
Preferably, the candidate will also have:
- Working knowledge of the planning system in relation to trees & BS 5837: 2012 ‘Trees in relation to design, demolition and construction-Recommendations;
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI)
- NPTC CS38 Climbing Trees and Aerial Rescue Certificate;
- Ability to undertake aerial tree inspections and bat surveys;
- Ability to produce basic maps and plans using autocad, arcview GIS or similar.
- Timber mensuration and woodland valuation knowledge and experience.
- Associate Membership of The Arboricultural Association.
What's in it for you?
- Salary on a scale commensurate with experience from £22,500 upwards (plus £2,000 for London Weighting if applicable);
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development initiative;
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers;
- A dog-friendly office.
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 17/02/2020.